Comprehensive Guide to Cow Essay in English for school kids and students of class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and class 10th. Also included long “The Cow” essay lines & some interesting lesser-known facts about a cow, and much more.
Cow Essay 10 lines
- The cow has special significance for Hindus, we worship her ‘Gau Mata’
- The cow has a big body, four thin legs, two big ears, two eyes, a long tail and two horns.
- It is a pure vegetarian, it leaves on grass, fodder, vegetables etc.
- How milk is healthy & nourishing for upbringing kids
- Various dairy products produced from cow milk such as sweets, curd, cheese
- A baby cow is known as a calf.
- She is the only the most useful animal in the world.
- Cow dung is used as a manure, also used in making biogas (gobar-gas)
- Cow milk contains mostly calcium and vitamin D, good for bones
- Its milk has natural sweetness & very tasty.
For kids & lower-class students, we have made it simple to understand with the help of infographics and video at the end of the article, this will help students to learn quickly about our sacred animal “Cow“.
Must_See | Essay on Preservation of wildlife in India
Short Cow Essay in English
The cow is a four-legged domestic animal. It has a big body on thin legs. It has a pair of horns on its head. It has a long tail and big ears. Cows are mostly white and can be found in different colors. A baby cow is called a calf. It lives on grass, straw, fodder, and corn. It gives us milk. Its milk is very nourishing, especially for kids. Its dun is used as manure. It’s male ‘ox’, ploughs fields, drives our cart, and works our wells. The Hindu worships her and has a special significance for Indians. They call the cow ‘ Gau Mata – mother’.
Cow Essay (General Description of “A Cow”)
Simple and straight Cow Essay in about 270 words, describe under the following headwords:
- a) Colour
- b) Size
- c) Food
- d) Habits
- e) Usefulness
Cows are in different colours. Generally, they are white, brown, some are red, some are black and spotted. They are of different colours.
Generally, they are four feet in height. A common Indian cow is a lovely creature. She has four legs, two horns, two eyes and a long tail.
She eats grass, straw, corn, vegetables, fruits and oil cakes. She is pure a pure vegetarian. She likes to eat green vegetables and bread.
She is very gentle. She doesn’t hurt anybody. She loves small children very much. She likes to eat pieces of bread from their tiny hands. So they like to play near her. After eating food, she then begins to chew the cud.
She is very useful for us. She gives us milk. Her milk has a natural sweetness and very tasteful. He milk is a boon for the weak, sick and old. It is scientifically proved that Cow milk is a perfect diet.
We use cow-dung as fuel and manure in the fields. In many parts in India, they are also used to draw our carts. They carry heavy loads from one place to another.
Even after her death, every part of her body is used. The skin is used for leather; brushes are made of her hair. Her horns are used for making buttons and combs.
She is the most useful animal in the world. She has special significance for Hindus. Indians worship her as a sacred animal. Every Indian is proud of keeping her.
Some Lesser known facts about Cow
Here is a list of lesser-known facts about Cow, some facts you might have heard of it and the rest are new.
- An average cow produces 70 lbs. of milk approx. 8 gallons per day!
- Cow’s heart beats 60 and 70 beats/minute
- An average cow chews at least 50 times/minute.
- The average sleep time of a domestic cow is about 4 hours/ day; unlike horses, they don’t sleep standing up.
- The average cow drinks 30 to 50 gallons of water every day
- Cows only have teeth on the bottom
- Just like dogs, cows enjoy a good rubdown, on the head, back and back.
- A cow has colour blindness to red colour, she is unable to see the colour red; the red flags used by matadors only catch a bull’s attention because of the movement.
- Cows have an excellent smelling sense and can detect odours up to six miles away
- Cows approx. spend 10 to 12 hours/ day lying down.
- An estimated that cow chews at least 50 times per minute.
- An average cow has more than 40,000 jaw movements in a day.
- Cows are pregnant for 9 months just like women
- Cows spend 8 hours per day eating, 8 hours chewing it, and 8 hours of sleep.
FAQ About Cow
Q1: How do you write a cow essay?
Ans: Summarize your cow essay write about the size, usefulness, interesting facts about cow & more. For more help see the above article for reference.
Q2: Where do cows live?
Ans: Generally, Habitat of the Cow in the open areas other habitats is pasture an area suitable for grazing. The cow eats grass, fooder, vegetables etc.
Q3: How cow is useful for human?
Ans: For Hindus, the cow is worshipped as goddess also knows as Gau Mata. For a human, the cow is useful in a number of the way such as “She gives us milk” nutritional values its good for kids, various items made from cow-milk, cow-dung as fuel etc.
Q4: What is the sentence of a cow?
Ans: I have covered various informational sentence about a cow, see quick 10 lines & Lesser-known interesting facts.
Also Read:Essay on Dog for Class 1, 2, 3, 4-9